National Impossible Detail Video Contest
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I edit my video?
a. Feel free to use any software you are comfortable with using. iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut, Premiere, etc. – If you do not have any video editing experience don’t fret! Animoto is the easiest way to put together professional quality videos in minutes and it’s free for the first 15 days!!! (https://animoto.com/create)
2. Is the Contest Limited to an individual or is “group work”allowed?
a. Group Work is definitely allowed
3. Do I have to use Detail King Products? Will using DK products increase my odds?
a. No, you are not required to use DK products, and the use of DK products will not increase your odds of winning due to the Facebook Community voting to select the winner. Using DK products will provide better results and therefore a better video, but you are not required to do so.
4. How long does the video have to be?
a. As long or as short as you want – just as long as you show the vehicle before, during, and after the detail. Showing your process helps too!
5. Do I need permission from the owner of the vehicle before filming a video on it?
a. YES, always ask the owner of the vehicle if it is okay to use their vehicle in your video. This is good practice to avoid any issue in the future.
Additional Questions? Feel free to send all inquiries to Brendan.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 724.325.0008 and ask for Brendan!
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the http://woobox.com/i5ybcq
and who are at least 18 years of age at of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States of America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Detail King and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Detail King as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 22nd, 9am EST and ending November 17th, 5pm EST. All online entries must be received by November 17th, 5pm EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at http://woobox.com/i5ybcq. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Detail King. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Detail King.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a $1000 Detail King E-Gift Card Coupon Code. The Second Place Winner of the Campaign will receive a $250 Detail King E-Gift Card Coupon Code. The Third Place Winner of the Campaign will receive a $100 Detail King E-Gift Card Coupon Code. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Detail King. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Detail King discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Detail King to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Community Vote under the supervision of Detail King. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Detail King shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Detail King’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Detail King, anyone acting on behalf of Detail King, and Detail King’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Detail King. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Detail King from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Detail King may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Detail King reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Detail King’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Detail King may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Detail King. Detail King reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Detail King has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Detail King reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Detail King and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States of America AND Pennsylvania, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Pennsylvania having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Detail King, 947a Old Frankstown Road, Plum Pennsylvania 15239 United States of America. Requests must be received no later than October 13th, 9am EST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Detail King, 947a Old Frankstown Road, Plum Pennsylvania 15239 United States of America.
15. Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Detail King is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. ___ By clicking “I have read and agree to the official rules”, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.