Acquire More Repeat Business In 2021
1. Adjust Your Business Model For 2021
Reassess Your Target Customer
- Who really is your ideal detailing customer?
- How are they going find you?
- What cleaning and detailing services are they looking for in 2021?
- How can you make it more convenient for them to do business with you?
- Be committed to connect to your target customers!
- What factors make up the relationship with your customers besides geography and consumer behavior?
- What do you need to tweak to attract more ideal customers?
- What services can you expand without outpacing your ability to deliver high quality?
- Once you understand how your ideal customer fits into the best components of your business, you will have a more complete picture of what to adjust for 2021.
- Once you have a clear picture of your ideal customers you need to capitalize on their needs and your strengths.
- Adjust your business to appeal and serve the perfect client.
- Doubling down may feel risky especially if you have been positioning your self to serve “anyone” & “everyone” – But you will never catch a fish with a dull hook & your business will never grow with a fuzzy focus.
- By focusing on your “ideal” client you will be free to build your business with the kind of clients that will fuel your growth, not hinder it.
To learn how to Start, operate and grow a successful car detailing business, Detail King Auto Detailing Training Institute offers Weekend Seminars.
2. Add New Revenue Streams From Existing Customers
Find Ways To Add Revenue By Working Smarter Not Harder
- Innovate your detailing business, it’s the HOW that makes the difference when it comes to success.
- New client acquisition becomes time consuming and costly, that is why I recommend adding revenue streams from existing customers.
- Add revenue streams that capitalize on existing customers.
- Keep your name in front of your existing customer base through emails and text messages.
- Offer maintenance washes, maintenance details and ceramic coating maintenance services to your ideal customers that you have identified.
- The easy person to sell is one who already has done business with you because you have already built trust with them.
- Once you have that trust your rate of return escalates.
- If you can find ways to add value to your existing customers you can add revenues and expedite your sales process.
- What services do your ideal existing customers need that you currently do not offer or promote well?
- How can you meet those needs within your current business structure and resources?
- If you can identify these “sweet spots” you can create new revenue streams that will accelerate your revenue growth without putting a strain on your strategy and budget.
- Getting feedback from your ideal customers is the best way to get dialed in on what needs they’re looking for a solution to.
- Tools like Google Forms & SurveyMonkey can get your survey up and running quickly and get this intel to you ASAP
- Ask questions like: What is your challenge right now with keeping your vehicle clean and looking great? What do you wish you could have to help you do this?
- Once you have this valuable information bring it to your team of detailers. Talking through new revenue streams with your team is crucial.
- Your team may hear things from customers that you may not be aware of, a good sit down with your team may open your eyes up.
- Use this information to expand the number of data inputs you have access to when trying to pinpoint your customers needs, experiences and expectations.
- Your team may have fresh ideas on how to leverage those unspoken needs into new forms of revenue.
Detail King Auto Detailing Training Institute offers a 3 day Craftsman Auto Detailing Training Seminar in Pittsburgh every month where we teach not only hands on detailing and reconditioning methods and procedures but also the “Business Side” of operating a successful auto detailing business.
3. Add A Reoccurring Revenue Stream To Your Offerings
Reoccurring Revenue Lowers Sales Friction
- Most purchases from your new customers receive the highest level of scrutiny when the initial decision is made.
- This may require several phone conversations and email exchanges before the appointment is booked.
- The beauty of a reoccurring revenue stream is that there is a “set and forget” element to it for both your team and your customer. Very little selling needed after the fact.
- Reoccurring Offers provides you more flexibility to continue adding revenue by way of long term relationships rather than one time transactions.
- Reoccurring services allows you to add continuous value to your customers in a way that a one-time purchase may not.
- People are willing to continually pay for services they need on an ongoing basis because of convenience and mitigating risks of doing business with someone else.
- Think about what intangibles you can use to sweeten your service offer in creating a reoccurring revenue stream for your detailing business.
- You see this everywhere, you are probably a customer of a myriad of several kinds of reoccurring revenue models.
- Adding a reoccurring revenue stream is about finding the sweet spot where you can add additional value to your customer while maintaining your profitability.
- Offer a subscription based maintenance wash service where your customers pay upfront for several washes at a package discount.
- This keeps your customers coming back to you rather than looking for a maintenance provider and the possibility of losing that customer.
- There is a great value proposition for the customer because they do not have to search for a provider, they know you are there for them.
- What matters most is identifying what your customers reoccurring needs are and that is where the survey will greatly help.
- If you can offer your customers the additional value to stick with your detailing business you will create a revenue stream that is NOT as heavily dependent on new customer acquisition and it even builds customer loyalty.
- Prioritize these tips if you think this can help grow your business in 2021, don’t put them at the bottom of your 2021 to-do list.
- As a business owner you know growth rarely happens by accident, so make the time to invest in your detailing business’s future!
Nick Vacco Detail King’s founder and former CEO conducts a 2 day Technician Auto Detailing Training Seminar in Southern California just about every month where he and his team teaches the “Business Side” and hands on auto detailing methods and procedures.