If you’re reading this, you have some interest in pursuing mobile auto detailing as a possible business. What we at Detail King intend to do is show you that a career in automobile detailing and reconditioning can be lucrative, rewarding and exciting.
Let’s start off with some information that may firm up your commitment to explore this mobile occupational option more thoroughly:
- First off, your start-up costs for a mobile auto-detailing business are much lower than those accrued purchasing or leasing a building for a fixed-shop operation. Not to mention the overhead typically associated with operating a “detail shop.”
- A mobile detailing operation is ultra convenient for your customers. It’s much better to have a professional detailer come to a client’s home or business instead of having to drive to a facility and wait around until the job is done or have someone pick them up and later drop them off. People seriously welcome a service like mobile auto detailing with open arms!
- With proper training (provided by us, of course) professional mobile detailers offer clients and their vehicles a much better service than most folks can provide themselves. Cosmetic maintenance is much more important today than it has ever been in the past, and we can train you to become the best of the best.
- Advertising costs are usually less because your mobile-detailing unit is a “rolling billboard” everywhere you go.
- There’s also plenty of room for growth because you can always put a second unit on the road when it’s time to expand your mobile auto detailing business. And then a third.
- Many successful mobile detailers also offer other profitable services like headlight restoration, plastic trim restoration, carpet dying, auto interior repair, glass repair, wheel repair, odor removal and rock paint chip repair. Detail King will soon be adding wheel repair to our array of business opportunity packages and training venue.
- With the operation of a mobile detailing business you will not have to worry about the up-keep and maintenance of building and grounds associated with a fixed location. You also will not incur utilities expenses and your business insurance costs typically will be much lower than they would be if operating out of a fixed location.
- There are few limits as to where you can take your business. Your rig can show up at business parks, affluent neighborhoods, strip malls, parking structures, parking lots, office building complexes, flea markets, horse shows, car shows, and many more.
- You can even operate this business part-time and generate revenues in the evenings and on the weekends. Many new entrepreneurs keep their full-time job until they have enough clientele built up and then leave their job and tackle this endeavor full-time.
Let’s talk a few moments about selecting your “mobile office.” You’ve got plenty of choices. The question you need to ask is what kind of mobile detailing rig best suits your needs? Some individuals purchase a pre-owned cargo van and install the necessary equipment, including a pressure washer, water tank and a generator. Others choose to purchase a mobile-detailing trailer and then attach it to a vehicle such a pickup truck or SUV. Or you can easily install a mobile wash system in the bed of your pickup truck to keep your start-up costs low. Detail King offers many mobile detailing wash systems and eco-friendly water containment systems that are designed to meet everyone’s needs and budget.
With today’s economy being the way it is many individuals have been laid off and are looking to start their own business. Owning and operating your own mobile auto detailing business is an excellent choice. There are great opportunities for growth within this service industry. You can establish a wide variety of accounts, including commercial fleets, auto dealerships, private high-end car owners, funeral homes, real estate companies, business executives, car rental agencies, limousine companies — all willing to look at a proposal to use your mobile auto detailing service on a regular basis. You can offer weekly car wash and VIP cosmetic maintenance services, complete detailing, express detailing services, and profitable reconditioning services. Remember every vehicle owner is a potential customer for you! We can teach you how to market your services to all of those individuals. If you have a business plan we at Detail King can expertly assist you with reaching your goals.
And of course, Detail King can provide everything you need to get your new mobile auto-detailing business started and help you grow it! We offer the very best products in the industry including eco-friendly detailing supplies, business start-up packages, creative marketing services, professional detailing training and on-going support through our authorized licensee program.
Recognized as the industry leader throughout the world, we have a customer base of more than 17,000 clients and an expertly trained staff that is committed to your success. Feel free to contact us. And consider attending one of our auto-detailing training seminars to get a real feel for this business and the opportunities that are available.
We feature a Honda skid mounted pressure washer unit that will slide in just between the wheel well housings of most vans and pick up trucks. Some people just got to have a Honda and of course Detail King offers them at very competitive prices. Show above is our Honda Mobile Wash System with a 90 gallon water tank, 5.5 hp Honda pressure washer, 50′ high pressure hose attached to a 100′ hose reel, all installed on a heavy duty metal black anodized skid.